Friday, August 7, 2009

Red Tailed Hawk - life lessons

I saw an interesting sight today on my way home from work. Just down the road from the school there are two martin houses in a small field adjacent to a farm house along the road. Perched on one of the martin houses was a Red Tailed Hawk. The martins were going crazy flying in all directions. The smaller birds are actually what caught my attention first. I raced home to grab my camera and when I returned I was happy to see the hawk was still there. I pulled off the side of the road and stepped out of my truck hoping to capture the moment - but then my door slammed shut.

Lesson 1. Always carry your camera in your vehicle.
Lesson 2. Never slam your truck door when you expect to take a picture of a bird.

You guessed it. The hawk flew away before I took a single picture; but there is always tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. LOL, boy have I been there! If I had a dollar for every almost perfect picture I've missed I'd be wealthy indeed. Hawks are so wary, I am surprised he wasn't already gone by the time you got out of your car!

    ReplyDelete